Directory » NOEMI MENDOZA DIAZ
NOEMI MENDOZA DIAZ
Engineering and Technology Education, Latinos in sTEm, Entrepreneurship in sTEm
LIASON, ADVISOR, AND COMMITTEES
Point of Contact (Liason)- TCMG Program for the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Evaluation (Fall of 2018-Current).
Advisor- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (July 2019-Current).
Steering Committee Member- Frontiers in Education Conference as IEEE-Computer Society Representative (August 2019-Current).
* Mendoza Diaz N.V., Yoon Y. S., Richard J. (2019). Exploring Enculturation in the First-Year Engineering Program-Year III. Proceedings of the American Society for Engineering Education 2019. Tampa, Florida, USA.
* Mendoza Diaz N.V., Yoon Y. S., Richard J., Wickliff T. D. (2018). Exploring Enculturation in the First-Year Engineering Program-Second Year. Proceedings of the American Society for Engineering Education 2018. Salt Lake City, Utah, USA.
1. Mendoza Diaz, N. V., Cox F. M., Adams S. G. (2013). Elementary Educators' Perceptions of Minorities in Design, Engineering, and Technology. Journal of STEM Education, 14(3), 13-21.
2. Mendoza Diaz, N. V., & Cox F. M. (2012). An Overview of the Literature: Research in P-12 Engineering Education. Advances in Engineering Education, 3(2).
3. Strobel, J., Mendoza Diaz, N. V. (2012). Exploration of NSF-ATE Approaches in the Integration of Technology and Engineering Education at the K-12 levels. Advances in Engineering Education 3(2).
4. Murphy, K. L., Mahoney, S. E, Chen, C-Y., Mendoza Diaz, N. V., & Yang, X. (2005). A constructivist model of mentoring, coaching, and facilitating online discussions. Distance Education, 26(3), 341-366.
EHRD203. FOUNDATIONS HR DEV
TCMG272. TECH & END USER SUPPORT
TCMG476. TECH NTWK CAPSTONE
EXTERNAL AND UNIVERSITY GRANTS (CURRENT)
1. Mendoza Diaz, N.V., Weichold M., Moore J., Ogilvie A., Meier, R., Trytten D. (August, 2019). Collaborative Research: Research in Improving Computational Thinking in the Formation of Engineers, a Multi-Institutional Initiative. Principal Investigator (2019-2021). National Science Foundation. ($349, 266 of the $462,932 total for all institutions).
2. Mendoza Diaz, N.V., Richard J., Wickliff T. D., Yoon Y. S. (April, 2019) SUPPLEMENTAL. Research Initiation: Exploring Enculturation of Engineering Students in the First-Year Engineering Program -SUPPLEMENTAL. Principal Investigator (2016-2019). National Science Foundation. ($18,426).
3. Mendoza Diaz, N. V. (February, 2019). Career Trajectories: Improving STEM Climate and Equity through the Investigation of Alumni Employment Pathways. Principal Investigator (2019-2020). Office of Diversity, Texas A&M University. ($10,000).
4. Mendoza Diaz N.V., Richard J., Wickliff T. D., Yoon Y. S. (September, 2016). Research Initiation: Exploring Enculturation of Engineering Students in the First-Year Engineering Program. Principal Investigator (2016-2018). National Science Foundation. ($150,000).